On May 20, 2021, we were proud to announce the statewide expansion of our Greg’s Groceries program and our partnership with SLED as well as unveil the program’s new logo.
Thanks to our sponsors and police partners, the Spring Greg’s Groceries Packing Day was incredible. More than 25 police departments and 130 volunteers from across the state, including media covering the event, helped make the day a huge success.
We appreciate our local media sharing the news about this important work. They play a critical role in helping us bridge the gap between law enforcement and the communities they serve.
Below you will find links to all the media coverage. Thank you to all that came out. Be sure to stay tuned as our efforts are just getting started.
- ‘Bridge-Building’ Police-Community Nonprofit Ramps Up Its Efforts – FITSNews.com
- ‘For SC police, delivering meals seen as a start to creating community relationships’ – Post & Courier (Columbia/Charleston, SC)
- ‘A box of love’: Community policing program gives GPD food boxes’ – Index-Journal (Greenwood, SC)
- ‘Can groceries help earn police earn trust’ – The State (Columbia, SC) – account may be required
- ‘Georgetown police join statewide grocery initiative for residents in need’ – Georgetown Times (Georgetown, SC)
- ‘Bringing Greg’s Groceries to York and Chester counties’ – WBTW CBS Charlotte, York, Chester, Rock Hill
- ‘Greg’s Groceries program spreads to law enforcement statewide’– WACH Fox Columbia
- ‘Law enforcement agencies partnering with Serve & Connect to expand Greg’s Groceries food program’ – ABC Columbia
- ‘Georgetown PD partnering with Greg’s Groceries to deliver food to people in need’ – NBC 2 Charleston
- ‘Timmonsville police armed with food boxes for those in need’ – SCNow.com
- ‘Statewide Effort Underway To Build Stronger Police-Community Relations’ – Q935.com